Working well at Our Lady is the use of Google Forms to collect focus group evidence. This would save the sharing that is currently needed with Confer so that everyone would have the same information. It’s a matter of looking at how we set up the Forms, there are multiple ways of doing so.
Enabling prompt: nuance success criteria down
Extending prompt: nuance success criteria up
CEVN/ICON/School Support/Stories from Schools is where the videos that have been taken will be published to.
SOAP strategy for analysing evidence:
- S strength
- O observations
- A aspirations
- P possibilities
How can we describe out learning and teaching practice…
- using language that enables us to…
- understand our practice,
- recognise similarities and differences with others,
- and pose “what if…” questions.
What are the essential elements of a learning model? There are 9 of them at this point. What is it that makes the “projects” we use work?
A Business Model says: value proposition, key partners, key resources, key activities, cost structure, revenue streams….etc
We think: Collaboration, Communication, Relationships,
Learning Outcomes: learning and teaching produces definable and measurable outcomes
Student Role: and define the learner’s roles and responsibilities
Functions: learners use specific functions that enable them to do what they need to learn
Enablers: …require correlating learning environment elements.
Practice: learning and teaching practice results from what learners and teachers actually do… (At the heart of the model)
Pedagogical Beliefs:…based on the pedagogical knowledge about how learners learn…
Teacher Role:…and in turn define the teacher’s role and responsibilities.
Culture: Culture is a product of the shared beliefs about how learners learn…
Policies:…while policies and rules set limits based on environmental constraints.
This document can be used in an iterative process to answer “What If?” questions. If this is the status quo (Iteration 1) and we do this, what are the impacts (Iteration 2 overlay on Iteration 1)
How can we use these ideas to:
- talk about innovative learning and teaching
- understand innovative learning and teaching
- design innovative learning and teaching
Leadership Stories 60-90 seconds
What’s at the heart of you have learnt? (essence)
What is the story going to illuminate about transofrmative practice within your school? (connections)
What’s the best way to communicate your learning? (format)
What is the most powerful evidence of learning? (evidence)
Tools for telling the story
- Video scribe app (need to upload to YouTube before you can embed)
- Prezi with voice over (screen cast)
- Explain Everything app
- Windows Movie Maker
- Free technology for teachers by Richard Byrne: The Excellent Tools for Creating Videos without installing software
Tasks before next Leaders Day (Nov 14)
- Evidence of Transformation document completed
- 60-90 sec video of my leadership strategy
- 60-90 sec video of teacher & student learning (assistance of EOs here)
What do we want to get out of this day?????